When we talk about creating a new dataset in Analyzr, we really mean connecting into the Analyzr platform a dataset you've created, aggregated, cleansed somewhere else. To connect your dataset to Analyzr, follow these steps:
- From the "Datasets" page, click on the "Connect new dataset" card. A dialog box will open.
- In the dialog box, enter a descriptive name for your dataset
- Pick the type of data source you would like to connect, e.g. CSV or Snowflake
- If you've selected CSV, click on the upload icon to select a file on your local machine, then skip to step 7
- If you've selected Snowflake, then enter the relevant Snowflake metadata and credentials as requested, then skip to step 7
- If you've selected public cloud storage, then enter a publicly available URL for your data file. Your file must be formatted as CSV.
- Once your source metadata is filled in, click on the download icon to test the connection to your dataset
- Once you pass connection validation the "Connect" button will become active. If not, make sure you entered the correct source metadata and credentials
- Click the "Connect" button
Your dataset connection will then be created and should appear in your list of datasets after a few seconds. You are now ready to use this dataset in any new model you create in the "Models" page.